CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1/29/2008

My day at court

Today I had to be at court at 9am for a traffic violation..Jonell being the good friend she is decided to come along!
Alarm goes off and I shouted "JONELL WE HAVE 15 MINUTES BEFORE WE HAVE TO LEAVE"!!!
We ended up getting behind the slowest driver on the way there and I had the most terrible road rage ever. So finally we got downtown, parked, and had to walk two block in the pouring rain with no umbrella.. As we approached the court house we saw that the was line wrapped around the building waiting to get through the court house security. By this time it was 9:15 and I was late to court! As I'm standing in the pouring rain this elderly man in front of me offered to share his umbrella with me, oh ya just me not Jonell..too funny..Jonell had a hoodie on so he had no remorse for her! He was totally trying to mack on me. Telling me how much he loved red heads as he was putting his arm around me and leaving Jonell behind in the rain.
After getting through that uncomfortable situation we finally entered the court room, as soon as we walked in we saw a girl get locked up. About 10 mins later another girl got locked up. Tooo crazy!! Then a guy had to pay a $500 fine and his girlfriend hollared out "there goes my wedding dress." (Ok just tell everyone your problems mam..) Also another guy asked me for gum(and he wouldn't quit staring), and one guy blew Jonell a kiss. I will have to say that court was rather interesting. After waiting until 12pm my name still wasn't called, I was getting rather impatient and the court room was getting empty. I had to go ask where my papers were ....and they had to pull them. About an hour passed and finally my name was called and I had to go in front of the judge. That's a erry feeling...i hate it! Thank the Lord my charges got lowered and I only had to pay 50 dollars.. Whoo hoo..
When we left the court house my feet were killing me in my heels so I ended up walking barefooted in the pouring rain not to mention the ground was freezing. We passed by the news guys and they asked me where my shoes were and we started laughing and I told him to please don't put me on the news. Ha WHAT A DAY!!
PS.. I decided I want to be a lawyer now since I love to argue!:)

Jonell made me dinner tonight...Steak,spinach and mixed vegetables..yumm..Thanks Jo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had so much fun that day... i loved it!!!! hav eyou washed you feet yet from walking in the dirty rain?!?!jk ,love ya!

Anonymous said...

What a great story. Thanks for sharing it.


And thanks for the linklove. Sunny