CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7/18/2008

God help those who are Spiritually Blinded!

Last night I went to UPC Kentucky Camp. I was pretty excited about going because I hadn't been there in over three years and I wanted to see my old friends that I grew up with. I was raised UPC my whole life and I went to all four weeks of KY camp every single year. (Family, Junior, Teen, and Senior) I loved it... needless to say I met so many people over those years and I like to go back and see them every year. Over the past few years I have changed some personal beliefs in my own life and have decided that UPC isn't for me and I have found a church that is more on my level and that I'm comfortable going to. I don't like to be judged going to church for wearing make-up and pants and jewelry, etc. My mom still goes to a UPC church and I totally respect her for that, I just needed something for ME and that I felt comfortable with.

So last night on the way to the campground a guy that I grew up with rode down there with me. We had a discussion about the churches in general and how the standards are so different between my church now and the UPC. I told him that I was probably was going to be judged for having dyed hair and for having on makeup on. (I wore my skirt out of respect though) He on the other hand is torn between my church and the UPC church right now and is going to both. He told me that he didn't think they would say anything.
Well we get to church and yeap I had some heads turned, many people stared at my tattoo on my foot. Which I can handle that.. Then as the alter call was being called a pastor that I have known all my life came up to me and the guy who was with me and said "I just want to let you guys know if you ever need a bible study just give me a call, we also have some Bible's if you need one" and handed us a business card with his name on it. I about died.. (did he not recognize me b/c my hair was a different color, i wanted to say brother i have about 10 bibles at home,and i do attend bible study at my home church every Wednesday night...i also wanted to quote a Scripture about judging ....but i didn't all i could do was laugh... b/c he is sooooo spiritually blinded.) All he saw was our outwards appearance and thought Sinners... i need to get them in church... he could have approached it a different way..and if he really did look at us ..he would have saw that he knew me.. It really ticked me off!!

0 comments: