CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6/10/2008

I'm so sick of seeing these bugs!


~The Cicada~
I've been wondering where these bugs where coming from there are tons of them dead outside in my driveway, and I've been hearing their friends singing for a few weeks now. So I decided to do some research on them. Good thing they only come around every 17 years!

*The cicada is related to the harvest fly.
•Some cicada's live underground for seventeen years.
•The cicada grows up to three inches.
•Cicadas suck juice from tree roots when they are larva.
•Once the female cicada comes above ground, she mates. Then she lays her eggs and dies.
•The cicada can lay four hundred to six hundred eggs.
•The adult cicada lives in trees.
•Adult cicadas live for thirty to forty days.
•A cicada can chirp so loud you can hear it from half a mile away.
•A male cicada abdomen has two drum like sound chambers.

0 comments: